Thursday, 3 September 2015

MyPure Review: Konjac Sponge Co Premium Face Mouse Sponge

Today I have another product to share with you from MyPure who sells a massive range of natural and organic beauty products. Konjac is a brand that I have never  heard of before but they have taken the blogging world by storm with their natural fibre sponges. I chose the Premium Face Mousse Sponge to test. 

So what is a Konjac sponge?  Konjac comes from a potato-like plant in Asia. The sponge has been handmade from this vegetable fibre. Some of the sponges in the range (I think MyPure stock them all!) contain extra ingredients like French clays or charcoal for different skin types.  As a result, the Konjac sponge is all natural and 100% biodegradable. You can use this sponge in your cleansing/cleaning routine. You can buy both face and body sponges.


I must admit I was a little bewildered and underwhelmed when my sponge first arrived. It reminds me of a giant packing peanut and I just couldn't see this working. For one thing is was still hard and not at all sponge-like!

However the instructions for this sponge were on the back of the packet and were simple to follow.  You will need to wet it under warm water until it’s completely soaked through and soft. Once it is wet and puffy, simply use it in a circular motion around your face to exfoliate and remove dirt and grime.The Premium Face mousse is design to be ergonomic and fit to the shape of your hand- meaning it is perfect for first time users!  Also Konjac is 100% alkaline meaning that it will help balance the pH of your skin while cleansing.


Once you are finished with your sponge, squeeze it between your hands to get the water out, do not wring it out as this will break down the fibers and cause it's lifespan to shorten.

While this sponge won't work miracles and take off your waterproof makeup for you I feel I really helped easily clean my face. This is a great alternative to a facial brush which can be a little scrubby and harsh. I just love the jelly like texture of this product. It is just so soft and gentle! 


In all I cannot express how this has changed my cleansing routine. These sponges do start to break down after a while and I know for a fact I will be buying another one. Is is just so odd but not at all gimmicky as it really does what is says it does. My skin feels soft and clean after using this and that is a big result from a small sponge! 

The product above was sent to me for review. All opinions are honest and all information is correct at the time of writing. For more information please refer to my disclosure and PR policy.
 post signature

1 comment:

  1. I've always been curios about these sponges so thank you for the review. Its great to hear it worked so well for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips