Saturday, 13 June 2015

Dettol Anti-Bacterial Laundry Cleanser



This review is a little bit different than some of my other reviews and strays more into health rather than beauty but cleaniness is something that most of us just take for granted. However I was recently contacted by Dettol who sent me information about "Sick Bed Syndrome" and I was really rather shocked.

"Mattresses, beddings and pillows can become reservoirs of human cells, bacteria, fungal elements and excretions of the body. These reservoirs provide ideal conditions for dust mites with up to 10 million found feeding in just one bed]. While dust mites themselves are harmless, their faeces and body fragments can trigger allergic reactions prompting our body to release histamines to attack the allergen. This can cause eczema and hay fever, and estimates suggest dust mites may be a factor in up to 80 percent of asthmatics" 

I have always taken that my sheets and my clothes are clean, but when I only use an energy saving 30 degree wash am I really cleaning my washing as well as I can?

"Bedding should therefore be washed on a regular basis using an antibacterial laundry cleanser according to Home Hygiene Expert Dr. Lisa Ackerley. “Just because it looks and smells clean, doesn’t mean it’s hygienically clean. People have this notion that simply putting dirty items into a washing machine will kill all germs, but that's just not the case. Contagious bacteria and viruses such as Influenza and E.coli can survive low temperature washing, increasing the potential risk of infection for your family. For laundry washed at low temperatures a disinfectant proven to kill 99.9% of bacteria in temperatures as low as 15°C will get it hygienically clean.”

In steps Dettol's Anti Bacteria Laundry Cleanser which is proven to kill 99.9% of bacteria
in temperatures as low as 30°C. When you think about it a third of our day is spent in our beds, I spend a good six plus hours a day in my work uniform too, therefore it is really important to me that it is as clean as it can be.

I have been using Dettol's cleanser with my washing and to me it honestly feels cleaner. I love the idea of that added anti-bacterial ingredients which makes sure washing really is clean. Unlike other Dettol products there is no strong chemically-cleaning smell just a freshness which I really like. I have been using this cleanser for both my clothing as well as my bedding and think this is a great product especially if you have children to give you that added security. It was interesting to see that even my boyfriend noticed a difference in the washing after using this product.

 You can by this product at most large supermarkets.  

The product above was sent to me for review. All opinions are honest and all information is correct at the time of writing. For more information please refer to my disclosure and PR policy.
·
post signature

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips