Sunday, 21 June 2015

Beauty Besties: My Skincare Routine

So today I have another twin post with my real life bestie Alyssia from AlyssiaRose today we are both sharing our Skincare routines. You can see Alyssia's here

I am not going to go into too much detail in this post as some of the products I am going to write a full review of soon. I have quite problem skin, it is very oily and prone to bouts of hormonal acne. My current routine seems to be working fairly well but I find that after continual use my skin doesn't get the same benefits from certain products and I have to change them around or use them on rotation.


The first product I use is Soap and Glory Drama Clean 5 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water. For me this product is interchangeable with makeup wipes (I like the NO7 Skin Quick Thinking Wipes) as it is just a quick fix to remove my makeup. Both do not give a full cleanse so I wouldn't recommend these on their own as they don't full unclog your pores but they do remove most of days cosmetics. I like to pair the micellar water with these Double Faced Cotton Pads by Boots which really seem to help gently exfoliate the face.

The main part of my routine involves the La Roche-Posay Effaclae 3 Step Anti-Blemish System, which is a new to me range of products. They are a little of the pricey side for me but I find that using all three together has dramatically helped reduce redness and while not stopping the spots themselves it banishes them pretty much overnight making my skin so much clearer than it used to be. This system using a cleanser which I use in the evening (to remove any last traces of makeup), a toner and then the targeted correction and hydration cream. I find this system is really gentle and not too aggressive yet produces really good results on me. When I have a particularly bad breakout I have been using La Roche- Posay Effaclar A.I Targeted Breakout Corrector although I haven't noticed such great results with this.


Then we have my 'prep' products, I use both a lipscrub and a lipbalm to prep my lips over night. I always tend to use a Lush Lipscrub as I really think they work well to exfoliate my lips (I am currently using Mint Juleps) but my lipbalm is pretty much interchangeable. Currently I am using Lush's Whip Stick. I have been finding that I get slightly dryer skin under my eyes so picked up No7 Early Defence Eye Cream  to help with this. While it doesn't contain any anti-againg it has SPF and added vitamins. It is nice and light and doesn't leave any residue on my skin. 


 The last lot of products are my in shower products. I use Dr Organics Organic Tea Tree Face Wash in the morning while showering. This product smells really fresh and leaves my skin feeling clean  without stripping out too much moisture (which can lead to it becoming more oily). Once a week I apply a face-mask, my current one is Lush's Cupcake which smells of chocolate and mint and is rather decadent! Also twice a week I exfoliate I use Good Things Manuka Honey Refining Scrub which is very gentle as it uses oatmeal to exfoliate the skin and remove any dead skin cells.

So there we have it! What do you use in your skinacare routine?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a nice skincare routine you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lusting to try the Lush lip scrub : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips