Monday, 23 March 2015

MyPure Review: Lippy Girl Fancy Pants Lipstick

You might alreday know that I am also a massive lipstick fan so when the organic and natural beauty and makeup  online store MyPure launched a new range of lipsticks I was all over them!

Lippy Girl are a range of Vegan lipsticks which according to the website  contains "natural oils and waxes and only natural mineral pigments. [They are] 100% vegan, bee-free, gluten free and chemical free! These lippies are made with certified organic Castor Seed Oil, Jojoba seed oil, Carnauba Wax, and Shea Butter for the smoothest, creamiest finish, and super pigmented with natural minerals. Vegocentrics are moisturing and long lasting, and will not bleed!"

 Wow what a statement. As much as a love a good lipsticks it is hard to find on that is natural- let alone vegan! 


The packaging is super cute and chic, it is a lavender box and inside is a sleek black bullet with a lavender 'lippy girl' logo. This is certainly the kind of packaging that would not seem out of place on your dressing table.  I love it when a company goes that extra mile to make a product seem attractive.

The tube of this lipstick is also recyclable which I thought was a lovely touch and very ecologically friendly! 


Let me say first of all that the colour options on the website aren't the easiest to work with as they don't seem like the best representation of the actual colours of the products and a little generic. Therefore I did my best to google some swatches prior to ordering, but really this brand seems quite cult and not the easiest to find online. So I kind of jumped in blindly and chose Fancy Pants (because the name is all kind of amazing) and it looked like the brightest colour out of the selection that MyPure carries (a fuchsia tone pink).


When it arrived it looked alot my raspberry and pink toned with a sort of frosty shimmer which wasn't so apparent from the colour choices on the site. None the less it is still very pretty and quite dainty (even if it wasn't as daring as I would have liked).
  

My lips are quite pigmented and I found this lipstick somewhat on the sheer side. It still added a splash of colour to my lips that was really pretty but I would have preferred something a little more opaque.


The lipstick formula was quite hard and waxy and I found I really had to work the lipstick to get to to glide onto my lips. I also found that it accentuated some dryness on my lower lip so I would recommended prepping your lips thoroughly before use. Once applied the formula was lightweight and not at all waxy feeling on the lips. As this colour was quite sheer I found that it faded nicely form the lips over the course of the day without going patchy like other lipsticks, meaning that you could wear it with confidence at a time when you couldn't go and reapply your makeup (like in a meeting or at work).


In all I think this is a nice product but it wasn't completely what I expected. As this seemed to be one of the brighter shades on the site I would assume they are all on the sheer side and are more for a subtle hue rather than something out-rightly bright. I am not sure if the colour choices on the site are from MyPure or Lippy Girl themselves but I would err on the side of caution with these in terms of the colour.

You can check out the full Lippy Girl at the MyPure website.


The product above was sent to me for review. All opinions are honest and all information is correct at the time of writing. For more information please refer to my disclosure and PR policy. 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. sorry for dry effect on your lips - i always expect the lighter shades to soften lips and am confused when they dont ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried their cosmetics. Even though you didn't really like it, it looks pretty to me since I love to wear really bright lipsticks sometimes :)
    http://www.itsmissivana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips