Sunday, 29 March 2015

MyPure Review: Alva Organic Creamy Lipstick- Brick Red

Today I have another review to share with you from MyPure who stock loads of organic and natural skincare, beauty and makeup products.

As I was on a bit of a lipstick kick I decided to try Alva's Organic Creamy Lipstick in the shade Brick Red as what can be better than a bit of red lipstick to brighten up a rainy day?

  I had never heard of Alva before joining My Pure so here is a little background from the site: "Alva Naturkosmetik is a range of certified organic skin care made in Osnabrück, Germany. Alva was established in 1988 and is now one of Europe's leading natural skin care brands." They make a range of skincare products as well as makeup!

This lipstick is both anti-ageing and suitable for sensitive skin!


The first thing I noticed when picking up this lipstick is how light it was. It still contains the normal 4g of product that you get in a  bullet lipstick but the packaging is housed in a cardboard tube rather than plastic. I love this touch which means that this lipstick is fully recyclable while still looking very smart. The lid sits firmly on the bullet which I also appreciate as you don't want it coming off in your handbag!  


There are four different shades to pick from and Brick Red is a beautiful blue-toned true red.  It is stunning in the tube and appears almost matte.

So what does it look like on? How is application? Well let's see shall we?


This lipstick is highly pigmented and the colour payoff is amazing, yet somehow the red tone is still soft and feminine without being too harsh. I would say that it is slightly more pink toned on the lips than in the bullet, but I would still say it is more of a red than a pink lipstick. On the lips it has a gloss to it that wasn't evident in the bullet. I think it is really nice as it makes my lips seem fuller! I love the fact the finish is glossy as opposed to a shimmer which can sometimes look frosty and a bit outdated.

 

But most of all what I found very impressive with this lipstick is how soft and (living up to it's name) how creamy it is when applied to lips. It reminded me much more of a lip balm than a lipstick when I applied it but the amount of opacity from the colour marks it firmly in the lipstick camp. It almost melted onto the lips with contact and is different than any other lipstick I have tried before. There are lots of fabulous ingrediants in this lipstick and I think that helps create this stunning cream-like texture.
These include  beta glucan, castor oil, apricot kernel oil, natural vitamin E, Indian Pongamia Glabra seed oil and cocoa butter. All of which help nourish the lips and  and deliver moisture.

When I wore this lipstick I didn't feel and dryness or cakey-ness even after several hours of wear. After a whole day of wore it had slightly faded but reminded me of a liptint as there was still so much colour on my lips. I did find that for best results you would need to reapply after eating and drinking but that is normal for most lip products!

In all I am very enamored by Alva's lipstick range and would certainly love to try the other colours in the collection. This lipstick for the texture alone is a winner and the colour payoff is just the icing on the cake!

The product above was sent to me for review. All opinions are honest and all information is correct at the time of writing. For more information please refer to my disclosure and PR policy.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a bold red on you. Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a lovely color and i believe when you say its a soft texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips