Friday, 13 February 2015

Products That Suck: Garnier Ultimate Blends, The Silky Smoother



So maybe the title is a little mean, but hey at least I am chugging out a blog post! I have come to the conclusion that I am going to feature more beauty products on the blog as well as nail polish, really just because I don't have time to keep repainting my nails when work ruins my paint job so quickly!

Working  means I have suddenly started buying so many more beauty  products, however there are some things that I haven't really seen eye to eye with. So expect this to be an occasional feature.


Garnier's The Silky Smoother is part of the new(ish) Ultimate Blends Collection which is designed to treat most  common hair concerns. I have since had my hair cut short again but at the time my hair was mid-length and due to a bad bleach-job last year I had quite dry-split ends.   I picked up both the Shampoo and Conditioner after hearing lots of rave reviews. These products were scented with Vanilla Milk and Papaya  which sounds yummy. Sadly I didn't find that these had much scent at all, maybe I am too used to stronger smelling products but even in the shower I struggled to pick up any real scents to this.

Sadly this wasn't the end of my issues, I found that this product made my already verging towards greasy hair very greasy. I think this is because this product contains extra oils to help nourish the hair. I also found it left my hair feeling kind of plastic-like , like it was was coated. It was just odd.


The thing is, maybe it just me, our body chemistry means what is good for one person isn't necessarily going to be good for someone else but I certainly was expecting greater things from this product. 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Will definitely avoid this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this new segment! Bring on the products! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips