Monday, 13 October 2014

The Digit-al Dozen does Floral: Abstract Flowers

Don't you hate it when you do a manicure take photos then get a chip in your polish before you check the photos are decent quality?

Yeah that is what happened to me. Annoyingly I had the wrong setting on my camera and all my photos were out of focus. So lets start the Digit-al Dozen Floral week with the most questionable manicure shall we- in theory it can only get better from here!


So here we go. Try to contain yourselves. The base of this manicure is Digital Nails Count Your Shadows. Then freehanded some vintage roses and attempted a sugar spun accent nail for the first time. Let me tell you that I just didn't like the effect of the sugar spun nail, it just looks messy and blobby to me. I couldn't get my polish strands to thin enough and generally it was way too stressful!  This is is not a technique I feel that I will be trying again, however my roses are semi-successful so that is an upside I guess.

 
post signature

13 comments:

  1. These are nice abstract flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!! these are super cute despite a bad chip and camera woes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your roses are totally successful! They look great :) and I love the idea of mixing the sugar spun technique with floral! I agree though that the sugar spun technique is so tricky and frustrating :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh those tiny little roses are so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! The sugar spun accent nail is a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite you hating your sugar-spun nail, I love these. They're really funky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't get my spun-sugar nails to look like that even if I tried, so I give you props!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they look fabulous! Haven't tried the spun-sugar nail yet, not sure if I want too. And your roses are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The spun sugar thing kicked my butt so I feel ya girl! But the mani is totally adorable and you nailed those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually like the sugar spun nail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips