Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Layla Hologram Effect Ocean Rush

Layla Hologram Effect is a beautiful mid-blue highly holographic gem of a polish.


Like lots of mainstream linear holographic polishes this is a bit of a faff to apply and needs a bit of extra care. This is two light coats. You need to avoid dragging the first coat when you apply the second, the best way to do this is with a 'aqua' style base coat. I don't have this so was just extra slow and careful application on top of my regular Duri.   



My photo's do not show topcoat as it really starts to dull the holo effect. Sadly this means it was quite prone to tip wear and chipping so I top-coated this mani later in order to preserve it .



This polish really comes alive in the light. I've used the flash on my camera to capture the rainbow prism effect.

In all this polish is super pretty and really worth the  more in depth application.

Do you have any tips for applying holographic polishes? 
post signature

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips