Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Dark Metal Lacquer Refillable Cuticle Oil Pen

Kam from Dark Metal Lacquer sent me one of her Cuticle Oil Pens to share with you.


I am the first to admit since the colder weather I need to upadte my nail care routine. The 'pen' design is one that I have yet to see used for cuticle oil (I have seen it used for lipgloss though!) and simply what you do is twist the end of the 'pen' until a little oil is pushed upwards into the brush.  I like the fact you can control how much oil you want to use easily with the pen too. You can then brush the oil into your cuticle and nail bed as you see fit.



The scent I have here is grapefruit but you can also request Coconut, Lemon, Vanilla, Rose and Almond scents too!

The grapefruit scent is very citrus-y and invigorating but not too overpowering! The oil itself is quite dry and soaks into the skin quickly and doesn't leave you feeling greasy.  Personally I would say that this is quite a light oil and if you need to do some heavy duty matience on your cuticles you need to follow up your routine with some intensive hand cream or another (heavier) cuticle treatment at night. 

What I do find interesting  however is that the pen itself is refillable. I haven't tried this yet but I have some cuticle oil which I think I might have to try filling the 'pem' with once I have used up what is in it.

The instructions for refilling are thus:


1) The pen opens up at the brush end. Pull off plastic part which holds the brush to reveal the inside of the pen. You can use your teeth for this or if you don’t like the idea of that pliers would also work well.
3) To retract the twisting part, pull gently on the end of the pen while twisting it anti-clock wise all the way to the bottom until it doesn’t go any further.
4) Optional – wash the brush of the pen in soapy water and rinse the inside, this is recommended if the scents are different or if you take a long time to use up the oil in the pen.
5) Fill the chamber with cuticle oil from the bottle and put the top with the brush back on to close it



(Your pen will arrive much fuller than mine, you can see how much I have been using it!) 



 I keep my pen in my handbag as it is a great 'on the go' treatment and you can carry it around knowing that it won't leak! The 'pen' is £2.50 and you can buy it here, Kam also sells polishes and some of them are currently on sale so check that out too! 


The inclusion of this graphic means that the product above was sent to me for review. All opinions are honest and all information is correct at the time of writing. For more information please refer to my disclosure and PR policy.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Sounds nice and I like how convenient the packaging makes it for travel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips