Friday, 19 September 2014

Alphabet Challenge: V is for Lilypad Lacquers Vixens Wear Violet

Okay so let me warn you this is a majorly moany post which is totally unfair as the polish I have to share for you is STUNNING!


So today I am showing the next polish in the Alphabet Challenge, first let me say how hard it was to  find a polish starting with 'V'. I know you all will prove me wrong now and name a million polishes I own starting with 'V' but for the love of all things holy I couldn't find anything for what seemed like forever!


So this is Lilypad Lacquer Vixens Wear Violet which is one of the first Lilypad Lacquers I have ever tried.  This is a violet grape purple with a amazingly high amount of  course holographic sparkles and some small microflakies which in indirect light shine almost golden. Sadly I couldn't capture those in my swatches as I had to use my flash to get decent photos.

  Formula wise this polish this polish applies amazingly, it is almost opaque in one coat. My swatches show two with HK Girl topcoat. 


So lets address the elephant in the room, I trapped my finger in the door a at the start of the week, it was really swollen and painful for ages. Owchie! To try and stop the pain I ended up cutting down my nails as far as I can. They will grow back soon enough I guess...

More worringly my application of this polish wasn't great, my hands have been shaking all week and it makes applying polish much harder than it needs to be (as well as trying to take photos with a steady hand!). My only bugbear with this polish is that as it is so opaque that it stains my cuticles a little bit. You can see the purple marks from where I have tried to clean up a bit with some acetone if you look closely.
  

Look at that holographic rainbow! This polish is just so pretty, I am speechless!

Anyway you can find the rest of the manicures done as part of this Alphabet challenge (by some fab British Bloggers ) over at The Hub!  Go check 'em all out!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is seriously stunning, and it really suits the nubs too! :D

    Me thinks you worry too much though my dear, it looks like a sexy mani to me, and I zoomed in on that mofo 😊 💜

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips