Thursday, 1 May 2014

Why I Write?



Today I have something different from me feel free to skip over this if you just want photos of my nails or my lips or whatever you're into.

I am a writer, it doesn't come across very much (or very well) on this blog but I am. I write a hell of a lot and have done for a while. I am not going to go into great detail about what I have written or my blogging triumphs and fails here as really they're not important (and trust me I've had my fair share of both). I saw this cute prompt challenge over at the darling Alicia from Fixin To Faff's blog and asked if I could join in. So Come Play In May with me!!

***

So why do I write? Honestly I don't know. I guess the simple answer is I love to read and writing is the next logical step for me. I have never written with the intention of being published (although I have been lucky enough to  have been a few times). I write so I can read it back, so I can enjoy something that is perfectly how I want it to be. Oh the narcissistic tenancies of that!

Is there a more complex answer though? Yes I am sure there is. After all if my degree taught me anything it is that a Author always has a motive to why they write.  I am sure Freud would have a field day with me. For a long time I could only write from a male point of view, or with a male main character. I just couldn't put myself into a female viewpoint or mindset. My newest work, is the first time I have really been able to successfully write a female point of view. I am sure that says alot about me as a person. I find it hard to completely separate myself from my writing. I am a very passionate and very emotional writer. I sometimes think I feel too much... if writing helps that or not I don't know... but I have broken a barrier in my writing and it feels good.

So yes writing is escapism and cathartic at the same time and rolled up and crammed into the keyboard of my laptop, waiting to be unsprawled on the page. And somehow those pixels when they are put in that certain order are pleasing to me.

My writing is chaos and yet also order, completely incohearant and yet it makes perfect sense (to me at least!) I am a paradox in the body of a timid girl and writing is my manifestation of that. Yet sometimes from the crazy comes something pure and sometimes things that aren't so pure  for every discarded scrap or inane ramblings there is something that I want to read again.

Is my writing good? I have no bloody idea. Does it matter? I doubt it!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I firmly believe that good writing is in the eye of the beholder. I'm so excited to get to know you better with this challenge and hope to have more from you! Plus? you had me at nail polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very glad you have joined this challenge with us! Everytime I see a bit more of you come out I feel like we have something new in common and I am excited for both of us to branch off the nail path and see where May takes us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to see where you go with this, this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like you're writing and I think its great. Plus your nails are pretty cool too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I like this challenge! I love learning about the authors of blogs. And I can't wait to see what else you write!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips