Wednesday, 12 February 2014

The Digit-al Dozen does Vintage: Vintage Lace

Today's nail art all sprung from the overwhelming desired I had to try a new polish I was sent last week. Magic Goose Unicorn Dreams has been mocking me for the last few days so I just had to give in to temptation. The 'vintage' theme had to be incorporated around that (not as I normally do  where my polish choice is inspired by the art). I actually think I pulled it off rather well but I will let you determine that for yourself.


So lets start with Unicorn Dreams first shall we? This polish is by the UK indie brand Magic Goose polish (FYI: mini polishes are called goslings which is maybe the cutest thing ever!). This is lilac verge on dusky mauve polish with a pink shimmer and a scattered holographic effect. It is really pretty, dainty and generally just girly. I used three coats here to get perfect opacity but I think if you used thicker coats you could maybe get away with just two. I did find I needed to be patient with this one and let my coats dry or I got some clumpy dragging at the tips, but this is a problem with most holographic polishes whether they are mainstream or indie so really it is more a problem with me being impatient!

To try and be a little bit vintage I tried to create a 'lace-type' design using Barry M matte white and a white nail art pen. It actually looks fairly good, maybe next time I can try something a little more complex.

 I also wanted to try layering a white based glitter polish on top of Unicorn Dreams. Annoyingly my Lynnderella Love, Lace and Lilac's (which would have gone perfectly) decided to hide away and I couldn't for the life of me find it!  Instead I opted for Dollish Polish  Spectral Pup which has white, iridescent and orange-copper glitter. 


It's kinda vintage (you all know I am struggling with this theme). At least a pretty polish can save the day! You can check out the rest of the Dozen's Vintage inspired manicures below!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Liking the lace and glitter combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lace and the fact that you've not gone completely over the top with it so the base colours aren't overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it over that purple sparkly base - it's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That polish is gorgeous! And I love your lace! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips