Wednesday, 29 January 2014

UK INDIE SPOTLIGHT: R+R Lacquers, Radiant

Today I am blogging about a brand new indie brand based right here in the UK. R+R Lacquers is the brain child of two amazing ladies who I've had the privilege to get to know quite well through general indie polish making chatter.

The first collection of polishes is called "The New Black" and is a collection of glitter toppers which are suppose to be worn over black polish. (Everytime I hear the name of the collection it reminds me "Orange Is The New Black" and how I need that show back in my life!)

I decided to spice things up a bit and create some simple nail are to showcase the first of the polishes I was sent for review, called Radiant.


The base of this manicure is OPI DS  Extravagance, I recently sold my back up bottle of this as I had only used Extravagance once an really couldn't justify two bottles. I decided then and there I needed to use MY bottle again! I then painted Barry M Black on top leaving a small sliver of of the OPI peeking through. 

Once it was dry I added R+R Lacquers Radiant. This polish is packed with millions of multi coloured metallic yummyness. On the nail the glitters looked almost foil-y which isn't something I have ever seen before but it looks stunning!


This polish applied easily, there was no digging for glitter at all as this was just one coat. I did employ the dabbing method to get a nice even distribution of glitter across the nail bed.


In all I think this is a really pretty and unique polish and even though they are meant for black bases I can see this polish working well on a variety of different colours!

I can't wait to see what comes next from this great duo (although I have a little clue seeing as I have another 2 polishes to share with you!). As a big English buff I am especially impressed with the 'Sonnet 116' collection that is coming too!

You can keep up to date with all the release information of R+R Lacquers on their facebook page 

The inclusion of this graphic means that the product above was sent to me for review. All opinions are honest and all information is correct at the time of writing.
 
post signature

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips