Sunday, 15 December 2013

Quirk So Bloody Miserable Collection (UK INDIE POLISH!)

Quirk is my handmade indie polish brand and I knew I wanted to create a collection based on my fav film of 2013- Les Misérables. This film is just breathtaking, I adore musicals anyway but this film has made it into my top 5 films straight away. 

My collection called "So Bloody Miserable" has 4 polishes based on the personalities of the 4 main female characters.  As a English Literature student I really analyse  everything and I really love symbolism. I love the fact ever single thing that makes up my polish has a specific purpose or meaning behind it.



The words that describe this collection most of all for me is "muted beauty".  There is a darkness to this collection that I feel represents the darkness of the film. 


Madame Thénardier is a mix of large circle pinky/copper and black dots, smaller pink and black glitter, black micro glitter and lots of iridescent glitter. It is really hard to get a accurate shot of this as those large dots are really reflective and flash greeny-orange.


This is two coats over Nubar Midnight Sparkle. This polish is the most opulent of the collection but sums up the Thénardier's perfectly and their need for material objects.


Next we have Cosette which is a far more simple polish. I wanted to personify Cosette's innocence.


This polish requires a little more work and fishing for those rose and grey matte dots but it is so worth it. This is an instant nail art polish! Here I have shown two coats  over Nail Pop Chino.  

 

 Fantine is a mix of matte pastel glitter in various shapes, black shreds and iridescence glitter. This polish can be worn as a topper or alone in three coats. This is my personal fav from the collection. 


Here are two coats of Fantine over W7 Black.


Finally Eponine. This is a mixture of matte bubblegum pink hex's and black shred glitter. This polish is quite dense so can be used as both a topper and a full coverage polish in three coats. The shards of black here really symbolise the shattering of a broken heart.


This is one coat over Zoya Trixie 

I have made this collection (like my last) only 4 polishes so that you can buy the whole collection and still comply with the Royal Mail postage rules. If you live in the UK you can buy my 10ml bottles for £6 from my website . There is still time to get your polishes before Christmas. Also you can keep updated with all my latest news on my Facebook Page


post signature

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a great collection -I love the look of Fantine! I like how you've made it so you can buy the whole collection and still comply with the Royal Mail postage rules! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO wish that we could get your Quirk polishes in the US! I am so obsessed with Fantine and Madame Thénardier, but the whole collection is beautiful and well thought out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, Kerrie this whole collection is fab! I love how it's so dark yet still really girly, it's so me! Madame Thénardier and Eponine are my personal faves :) I haven't seen this film yet, but I know my mum loves Les Mis so I think we will watch it together for a little mother daughter bonding :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips