Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Guest Post: Penny Pinching Polish


Today I have a lovely guest post for you, featuring some stamping. If you are a long time reader of my blog you will know that I cannot stamp. I have tried and tried but nope no success. So I am really pleased to show you when stamping goes right how lovely and perfect it can be in my Guest Post from Penny Pinching Polish.

***


Hi everyone! I’m Sarah, and I write a very new blog called Penny Pinching Polish. I’m so excited to be doing a guest post for Kerrie while she’s away on holiday, and I can’t thank her enough for giving me the opportunity! Now, I’m nowhere near as talented as Kerrie when it comes to freehand stuff yet, so the mani I’ve chosen for this post is using stamping. I was really happy with the way this turned out though; I absolutely love this colour combo!




I started out with 1 coat of Kleancolor - Metallic Aqua, on my index, middle and ring finger. Once that was dry, I taped off half of the nail with surgical tape. I like using surgical tape, as you can stretch it a little bit, which helps with getting it to sit flat, especially if you have a lot of curve to your nail. I painted the exposed half with 1 coat of A-England – Avalon, and immediately removed the tape, working 1 nail at a time. Once those were dry, I stamped an image from PUEEN41 with Barry M Gold Foil, and top coated.


For the 2 accent nails, I used 1 coat of Barry M – Gold Foil Effects, and then added 1 coat of Barry M – Gold Glitter (which is just a plain gold glitter), for a bit of extra sparkle. Then I used 2 coats of a La Femme glitter that I bought as part of a set of 18 from Amazon. I think it’s called Carnival, but unfortunately the names are printed on the outside, and they rub off really quickly! I know there are some listed on ebay as Carnival, but I would definitely check the colours in the bottle before buying! It is a beautiful polish though, and was the inspiration for me to put these 3 colours together in the first place. And the entire set of 18 bottles only cost me £15! They’re available on Amazon now for £19.99 which is more, but still pretty darn cheap. Anyway, for all of you who have read my waffling this far, here is a beautiful macro shot of the glitter for your troubles. I hope you’ve enjoyed my post, and if you liked it, please come and check out my little blog @ pennypinchingpolish.blogspot.co.uk. Thanks for having me Kerrie! Sarah xx


***
I love that glitter, it looks really great layered as accent nails! I am really jealous of Sarah's mean stamping skillage! Thanks again Sarah 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Squeeeee! It's really exciting to see my nails on here! Thanks so much for having me Kerrie. Enjoy the rest of your holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I love it so much XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've totally overlooked this image plate, must rectify it's lovely!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips