Saturday, 31 August 2013

Beauty UK Posh Polish: Grit FX swatches and review and nail art

You all know that I LOVE the texture trend that is rocking the polish world. When the guys over at Beauty UK  (they are also on facebook) contacted me to review some of their products I knew straight away what I wanted to review. Add to that this line of polishes is part of the  'Posh Polish' collection it is like these polishes were made for me! Today I have three of the fab shades on offer to show you.


The first polish I have to show you is Printworks, a dusky teal one coater. This is the perfect statement polish in my opinion and will be great for autumn.


The texture effect is quite subtle and reminds me of the Nails Inc Leather effects and the Barry M texture polishes combined.  I find the best way to apply this line of polish is quite thin coats, if the coats of polish are too thick the texture effect doesn't really show through.


Next up is Kensington which is a champagne cream with a lovely gold shimmer. This polish is slightly thinner than Printworks and I needed two coats and there is still some visible nail line if you look closely.
 

I love how the gold shimmer translates on the nail with the textured effect making this shade look classy and almost like soft snow.


Lastly is Birdcage a neon pink polish. This polish shades maybe half a shade darker  than in the bottle but it looks amazing on the nail. My swatches show two thin coats.


I think this is my fav shade of the three I was sent . It is just so bright and fun and the textured effect just makes it seem a little more edgy.


Of course because these polishes are textured you don't add topcoat, I decided I wanted to see what they looked like glossy instead of matte so decided to try my hand at some nail art.


I decided to use Printworks and Birdcage to do some colour blocking. I used Barry M's white nail art pen to  define my sections.


These polishes look just as pretty glossy with a coat of Seche Vite as they do with a matte textured finish. 

In all I am really impressed with the quality and versatility of these polishes and know I will be going down to my local Superdrug to pick up the other shades in this collection.

Which one did you like best?

 The inclusion of this graphic means that the product above was sent to me for review. All opinions are honest and all information is correct at the time of writing.
post signature

8 comments:

  1. I also review these polishes :) not a nude nail polish lover but Kensington won me over. Its just awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty!! I so have to buy a few :) lovely nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wearing these none stop since I got mine - I think I have had a minimum of an accent nail. They pair really well with striping tape so you get a shiny smooth base colour topped with stripes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips