Monday, 15 July 2013

The Digit-al Dozen DID Tape Manicures: Day Five

So I am really pleased with this manicure but life got in the way and the post never went up! I decided to play around with some tape and then discovered that Missy had done a similar manicure (but hers looks much better).

 Yep we have some Ombre stripes! I was really impressed with myself for doing these as they almost look like nail wraps. Plus they were really easy to do, the hardest part is waiting in between coats for the polish to dry.


I used piCture pOlish Honey Dew, Barry M Gelly GreenBerry, Barry M Gelly Guava and Barry M Cyan Blue.

This was really simple to achieve. I started with two coats of Honey Dew and let that dry. I then taped off my nail by the cuticle and painted the rest of the nail bed with Greenberry. Once that was dry I repeated the same steps with the next polish moving my tape further down the nail each time to create my stripes. My lines were much crisper with the tape than if I had just free handed the design! 

 
Barry M's formula is perfect for doing a design like this as the polish is opaque in one thin coat. It would be much harder to achieve this with thinner polishes!


I am so trying this again with different colours. Maybe purple next time...What do you think?


post signature

21 comments:

  1. very chic! like it!
    #gigloves


    Leimun
    Beautiful Things by L&A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the horizontal stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stripes! The colors look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love these colors together, and the stripes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stripes. I am partial to blue so of course I adore the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blues! I vote for greys next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colors go together so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I need ALL the Barry M polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey beautiful nail art love the stripes and colours. Came here form my IG account one of our followers recommend your blog.
    @teamnailnation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! Gradient stripes... so pretty! And awesome color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My nail polish always comes off with the tape even after i let dry a day. Do I have to use Mani tape? Should I topcoat with every color?

    ReplyDelete
  13. My nail polish always comes off with the tape even after i let dry a day. Do I have to use Mani tape? Should I topcoat with every color?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips