Tuesday, 14 May 2013

The Digit-al Dozen does Bling Week: Disco Bling and Born Pretty Store Review

Today I am going to share another bling inspired manicure with you using the new nail art 'glequins' I got from the Born Pretty Store to review.  They do a great range of different nail art bits and bobs some of which I have reviewed in the past.  What I love about Born Pretty is that they do worldwide free shipping!


I recieved 12 little pots full of tiny hexagonal sequins/ glitter, which you can find here. I had previously ordered some off ebay but these ones seemed slightly smaller and more opaque, also these came in a good range of colours. I can see I will be doing loads of designs with these! I decided to do a full-blown bling manicure with them today to show off how pretty they are. 

I will admit first of all that you do need patience when it comes to these. This manicure took me about and hour and a half and it's not completely perfect but oh how pretty is it! My nails feel like a colourful disco ball! I used a coat of W7 Black as my base and once it was dry (one nail at a time) applied topcoat. Using a fine dotting tool I dabbed some topcoat onto the end of it and then picked up the glitter individually and placed it on the nail. I found it worked better to shake some of the glitter into the lid of each pot to help you control how much you picked up. Once each nail was finish I sealed it with two coats of topcoat. Three days later and I am still wearing these!


Because the glitter is small they sit flat on the nail and don't snag. Even with rounded nails I doubt you would have much of a problem with these. 


These nails are to me the very definition of bling. Don't forget to check out the rest of the Dozen too and I will be back tomorrow with another bling post for you!

If you are planning to order form Born Pretty don't forget you can 10% off your order with the code "BA5X31" which is also on my blog sidebar.

post signature




Thclusion of this graphic means that the product abve was sent to  for review. All opinions are honest and all information is correct at the time of writing

4 comments:

  1. Great effect!
    Becky #GIG
    www.pixiwishesforeheadkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPARKLIES! Love it! You were so patient to get all that placed O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much patience! I definitely wouldn't be able to sit there and accomplish this look! And I love it over the black :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips