Friday, 12 April 2013

The Digit-al Dozen does Animal Week: Dude, Mister Turtle is my father.

How could I finish Animal Week without doing a manicure to my favourite animal ever- the turtle! This was also the perfect excuse to use some of my new texture polishes! Also bonus points if you know the quote from the title!!


 For the 'Beach' background I used three thin coats of Zoya Pixie Dust in Godiva. This is the perfect nude sand colour with a hint of glittery shimmer. As you know I'm not a massive nude person but I love this 'work appropriate' polish so much!  For the sea we have Barry M Atlantic Road from the new texture collection. This was a little harder to apply and used three thin-ish coats. It applied smooth and after a few minuets the textured effect fully appeared.  As for the texture they felt pretty similar (in case you were wondering!).

 My little sea turtle came from ebay in a set with lots of other coloured turtles. They are really too cute to use! Because I wanted to keep the textured effect of the polish the turtle is just affixed with a little topcoat dotted underneath and not over the top too. I honestly took the turtle straight off after photographing this manicure so I could keep him safe!


 I know I say this every time but I really do think I've produced some of my best nail art this week! I have to thank the amazing inspiration from the rest of The Digit-al Dozen for that, they keep the bar raised so high all the time. Please check out their manicures below!I also have to thank my lovely boyfriend gave me the idea for this manicure! I love it!!!

What was your favourite animal inspired manicure?

EDIT: Due to the high demand of "where did they come from?" comments I've got in the last five minuets of this going public you can find them here!
post signature

10 comments:

  1. this is the cuttest mani I ever seen <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the Barry M. It is amazing. I like this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't help but squeal when I see this! It's so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a super cute mani, and a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squirt! He is adorable! And those colors look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore these! I love how it looks like sand and the little turtle is so cute! New follower <3 justrach.com X

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is the most adorable nail charm! I'd have superglued him on and put a nail through my own just to make sure I could wear it and not lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PARABENS PELO BLOG! JÁ ESTOU TE SEGUINDO... SE PUDER RETRIBUIR, FICAREI MUITO GRATA!

    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips