Wednesday, 13 February 2013

The Digit-al Dozen does Love and Heartbreak: Love Barry


Today I have part three of the Digit-al Dozen's Love and Heartbreak week, also Wednesday is British Nail Blogger day so I decided to try and combine the two and wear British nail polishes for this design!

 

So this design uses my favourite British brand, Barry M. I  decided to create a skittle ombre of a selection of pinks. From left to right we have: Shocking Pink, Gelly Effects Grapefruit, Bright Pink and Strawberry ice cream. The writing was done with a dotting tool and Barry M Red Glitter.

 While we are here lets take a closer look at the polishes in question shall we? Shocking Pink is a bright cerise pink creme and is almost opaque in one medium coat, it is so close to almost being neon but just doesn't quite make it there, but boy is it intense. Grapefruit is from the Gelly line and needed two coats for opacity, I know in my photos it looks orange but IT IS pink, well a pink with corally undertones and it is actually unlike any other pink I own. Bright Pink is more of a traditional pink and here we see it with three coats. Lastly Strawberry is a baby pastel pink and need three thick coats, but it dries compleatly even which is great when you need to pull out your pastels for spring!


Did I mention how much I love this glitter, it is so dense and sparkly and the letters really stand out against the pink.


Sometimes the simpler designs are the best and I am actually wearing this one for Valentines! It makes a change not to be doing an anti-valentines post for a change.  Don't forget to check out the rest of the Digit-al Dozen and British Nail Bloggers below!
 





post signature 




7 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love all those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The colors are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That red really shouldn't work with the base colours but it's so right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the fact you did the letters in glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the colours you used I love Barry M polishes too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips