Monday, 7 January 2013

The Digit-al Dozen does Art (plus 31DC Blue): Lets get Tribal

Today sees another month and time for my favourite nail art challenge with the incredibly talented Digit-al Dozen. This months theme is ART, so I have five days of art themed posts for you. What makes this challenge more difficult is that I have tried to combine so of my 31 Day Challenge posts into these (I couldn't everyday). So today I am combing art with Blue!


I have always been fascinated with art history, I did at one point consider taking it at University, I like the first types of art best- like cave paintings and hieroglyphics. I love the fact that these types of art can tell you so much about the culture and make up of society. Tribal print is also very interesting to me and It is one nail look that I really dig. Everytime I do Tribal nails I just fall in love with them and today is no exception.  


If you look carefully you can see that there is blue in there. This started off as a base of GOSH Gypsy Blue, which is very similar in colour to OPI's Suzi Says Feng Shui, a dusty true blue creme that applied well in two coats. I just loved how easy and pigmented this polish was, it was a pleasure to work with without any streaks at all.

  I then decided I wanted to do a tribal print in orange. I think this combination stems from a lovely jumper I saw a few months back but at £60 I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Not that I mind now as I have the same effect on my nails!


So lets talk about the Orange shall we? This is Barry M Gelly Tangerine, the Gelly polishes really did get rave reviews for a reason, as far as I am aware they are all one coaters and work well for stamping as well as on there own. I knew that for this manicure I needed something that would easily layer on top of the blue without needing loads of coats and this polish did the job perfectly. I drew my tribal designs with Tangerine and a tiny dotting tool. Once this was dry I added in some extra definition with my Black Sally Hansen Nail Art pen.

 I love how striking this is, it also looks far more complex than it really is. My boyfriend thought these were nail wraps rather than freehand nail art!

Don't forget to check the links out below for the rest of the Digit-al Dozen's Art posts and also the rest of the Blue manicures. Tomorrow I have another installment of art for you and  some Violet inspired nails!




11 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love all of the intricate little lines and details you added :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combination and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design Kerrie!! The colors and design are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are crazy amazing Kerrie! I love the color choice. I keep wanting to do these and I feel so anxious about it! I think you've inspired me to finally go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this design! you're nails are looking amazing, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! I stink at tribal nails but these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done, these are amazing. Hands down the best thing you've ever done - congrats xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Way to go Kerrie! I love these!!! So much detail :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips