Thursday, 8 November 2012

No H8, Lets Love

You will all remember my ranty post from last week, well I got some some lovely kind words and messages after posting it and saw some other wonderfully supportive posts from other nail polish bloggers. It is nice to see the polish community coming together as one to fight against such malpractices. Today the 8th of November is the first annual No H8 day.  Lots of Bloggers are coming together, wearing the universal colour of purple to show our support. It is a day to stand up against those bullies who criticise and laugh at other people. Please never stop doing what you love because someone else told you to.

***
Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.

Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.
***
This post is dedicated to all those who love and have a passion for nail polish and nail polish blogging. We are all interconnected without you I wouldn't be here and I am very grateful for everyone's support.


This special manicure uses Catrice Forget-Me-Not. This is a royal purple foil polish with an amazing shimmery glittery finish that flashes purple, blue and slightly pinky. It is a very complex polish and looks absolutely breath-taking on the nail. This shade really suits short nails and makes them look instantly classy and longer.  Application wise the first coat is quite streaky but a second thicker coat easy smooths this polish out and it looks so glassy with a coat of Seche Vite on  top.


My accent nail uses some cute nail art stickers I have. Again a coat of SV easily smooths the stickers out and stops them from snagging. I love the simplicity of the  white heart against the complex purple base. 


Lets show our love for polish and not our hate for one another. Please No H8.





5 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips