Monday, 19 November 2012

C Varnish Week: Queen Of Hearts

Remember Cheshire Cat from C Varnish right back at the start? Well that isn't the only polish I picked up from the Alice In Wonderland Collection. Today I am going to show you Queen of Hearts.


This polish couldn't be more different to Cheshire Cat but is equally as pretty. Queen of Hearts is a bright cherry red jelly polish packed with white and navy blue shards and navy hearts.You know the drill here is a bottle shot:


Look at it jammed pack with oddles of oddities. I love this polish as for me it sums up Wonderland, it's crazy, nothing is uniform. 


On the nail this polish is slightly sheer, I used two coats here over a base of Barry M Retro Red. I would really suggest using a red creme polish underneath this one to get that intense cherry colour. I was surprised that the shards applied so easily to the nail. I did have to 'fish' a bit for that heart as they were all stuck to the sides. On the nail the blue becomes almost black but flash navy in the light. I also find those whitish pieces really interesting, they add loads of depth to the polish, yet are really subtle. 


Here is a close up for your pleasure. See how that blue shards flashes between black and blue.This polish is what I call an instant Jelly Sandwich polish! Again one coat of Seche Vite was enough to completely smooth this polish out.


I really am quite smitten with this polish, I am not much of a red polish person but I really like this one as it's not a  traditional red in any respect.

So do you fancy owning your own bottle? The wonderful Jen has just restocked her Esty shop with (costing £4 each) but she also does great deals on mini bottles where you can pick which shades you want which hopefully she will be restocking soon. Don't forget you can also check out the C Varnish Facebook page for updates on upcoming collection! If you do pop buy C Varnish's store feel free to let Jen know that you heard about her here at PishPosh and Polish! (and let me know too, I would love to know what you order!)

I only have a couple of shades to show you now. Which shades have you enjoyed most so far?

1 comment:

  1. Mine arrived today! Thanks for the tip about using a red underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips