Monday, 8 October 2012

The DIGIT-al Dozen does Halloween: When Barbie met Carrie

You get a teaser photo first this week, as I have been having fun with photo effects on PicMonkey

Remember last  month when 11 of the most amazing ladies and myself did Blue Week? Well we are back again but this time round we are bring you a month of Halloween themed posts! Some of mine will be cross-posts with the Crumpet's Nail Tarts Halloween Challenge which I started last week.


Today's post uses a trick I picked up from Debbie over at The Crumpet about recycling a manicure for another post. So you have already seen the base of this manicure before:


The base is Darling Diva Polish Barbi Who? A bubblegum pink holographic polish I swatched for you all a few weeks ago. What y'all didn't know is that it would turn into this monstrosity the day after. 


I used one of my favourite horror books as inspiration for this manicure, "Carrie" by Stephen King (they are also re-making the film which I am slightly trepidations about). So you get gory/slasher Barbie nails. The blood is actually Barry M Raspberry and Bright Red which I splattered on the nail and added a couple of strategic dollops with a dotting tool. My accent "slasher nail!" is Barry M Black.  



Simple Eh? I definitely wouldn't wear this out on a normal day but it was fun to do. I do think the blood and gore detracts a bit from the holo goodness of this polish, but really if you are worried about that then I doubt you would be sporting a manicure like this.What do you think? 


5 comments:

  1. I really love it, Pink and girly and gorey and bloody!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Even though I hate the movie, it scares me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips