Thursday, 13 September 2012

The Digit-al Dozen does Blue Week: Glitter and Glequins

Time for the day four of the the Digit-al Dozen does blue week. Today I am showing you one of my favourite colour combinations, blue and gold.  So without further ado here they are:


Here is two coats of Zoya Crystal a steely blue shimmer polish with mixed golden glitter. On my accent nail I used Barry M Foil Effects Gold and then applied blue "Glequins" to my nail by hand.


"Glequins" are actually larger hex glitter somewhere between glitter and a sequins I bought mine from ebay for about £4 for a selection of different coloured pots. I also here that you can get them from bornpretty.com After applying my base colour of Gold Foil I added a layer of clear top coat (not a fast drying one) and then used my dotting tool to pick up a glequin and position it on the nail. After I covered the whole nail I added a coat of Seche Vite.


Surprisingly application of these glequins didn't take very long. The only thing that annoys me slightly is that they don't have the best wear time. I painted my nails in the evening and could only get good photos the next day when it was light. By this time the glequins were already starting to curl. However this manicure looked really professional and I would love to wear this for a night out!


Here is a close up of Crustal, notice the gold glitter. This polish is incredibly sassy and pretty.


What do you think about glequins? Love them or hate them?


6 comments:

  1. Nice combo, love the ring finger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Crystal is super pretty! Love the accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get me some of those gleequins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get me some of those gleequins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS. Crystal is probably one of my favorite Zoya polishes. I really want to try this out soon! FAB job :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips