Saturday, 2 June 2012

POTTERTHON: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I am so sorry that I didn't post yesterday, I felt/ feel pretty rubbish so toady you will get TWO posts from me to catch up. Arn't you lucky people?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the longest book of the series. Did it need to be so long? No. It has some fantastic parts. The end is one of the best endings (and saddest) of any of the books in the series. But it just gets bogged down on some parts which are not needed. Point and case super emo Harry. But even so, I do still love this book.

Anyway, The novel features Harry Potter's struggles through his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, including the surreptitious return of the antagonist Lord Voldemort, O.W.L. exams, and an obstructive Ministry of Magic.

For  a manicure based on this novel I decided to base it on Fawkes the Phoenix, the namesake of the order. This meant I got to try a type of manicure that I haven't tried before:


That's right feathers! I used a base coat of a unnamed orange creme 2True polish and then a coat of SV and then stuck down the feathers and then applied another  coat of SV to make it smooth.

These spotty feathers were perfect for Fawkes, I used the Red, Orange and Yellow ones. I couldn't get the feathers to sit perfectly flat on the nail which is a bit annoying but they stayed on for a day.


Also here are my nails posed with my own (very cute) plushy Fawkes:


Don't forget to check out the other girls taking part in this challenge: Emma: http://manicurity.blogspot.com/ 

I am going to go now and have a nap and then i will be back with Half-Blood Prince.

Enjoy!









7 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips