Sunday, 3 June 2012

POTTERTHON: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I know I am still behind with this post, trust me I am annoyed with myself but I am still really ill. Anyway today I bring you Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince the Sixth book in the series. This book is much better than book five but it still isn't able to recapture the excitment of book four and later book seven.

So what happens in this book? Set during protagonist Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts, the novel explores the past of Harry's nemesis, Lord Voldemort, and Harry's preparations for the final battle alongside his headmaster and mentor Albus Dumbledore.

This book is tragic.  I cried like a baby when a certain peson died in the end. Even though I KNEW it would happen. The film for this book is perhaps the worse of them all. It really missed out the whole point of the books. How can you have a movie called "The Half-Blood Prince" and not explain who the half-blood prince actually is!

Anyway this manicure is based on the book Advanced Potion Making which leads Harry to getting closer to the Half-Blood Prince even though he doesn't actually 'meet' him:
This is OPI Skulls and Glossbones a light grey/ off white. I used vodka to soak pieces of newspaper and then placed them on my nail, until the ink transferred onto the nail. Topped with SV this looks really classy but also edgy.
I like the fact in some places the newspaper didn't transfer as well, this gives it an aged feel which is perfect for the idea of a second hand schoolbook.

What did you think of this book?

Don't forget to check out the other girls taking part in this challenge: Emma: http://manicurity.blogspot.com/ 

3 comments:

  1. SO cool Kerrie! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you wasted vodka ???!!!! lol, good technique to use for this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! I'm with Debbie! But seriously, I love your take on this. There were so many words in this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips