Monday, 28 May 2012

POTTERTHON: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

So as my birthday treat I was taken to the WB Harry Potter Studio Tour just outside London. When I came back I know I needed to Harry Potter themed nails.

With the help of Six other lovely ladies I bring you a week of Harry Potter inspired by each of the books.

Harry Potter was something I grew up with and really got me into reading. I study English at University and I think without Harry Potter this would never have happened. My Grandmother bought me the first four books for christmas and once I started the first book I couldn't put it down. The other books were all purchased at midnight.

I am a massive potter nerd, I have a replica of both Harry and Sirius' wand, signed photographs by the cast and three authentic film cells from the first three films!

 Anyway, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is the first novel in the Harry Potter series written by J. K. Rowling and featuring Harry Potter, a young wizard. It describes how Harry discovers he is a wizard, makes close friends and a few enemies at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and with the help of his friends thwarts an attempted comeback by the evil wizard Lord Voldemort, who killed Harry's parents when Harry was one year old. (Taken from Wiki)

Here are my nails to show this book:

Here is Harry's trademark lightning bolt scar on my tumb. The next three fingers are the three heads of fluffy the who guarded the Philosopher's stone ( shown on my pinkie)

Here is a photo (taken from google of Fluffy as shown in the movie) I think my nails don't get accross how scary Fluffy is (in fact they are really rather cute)

I used a range of Bary M polishes in order to create this nail art.

Here is a quick photo of me and my boyfriend stood outside #4 Privet Drive drinking a glass of Butterbeer.


And here is a fancy graphic for this challenge:
 Please go check out:
What do you think of the Harry Potter Series?

5 comments:

  1. OMG how cool is your photo !! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaat I want to do the studio tour, how cool is that!
    Fluffy does look cute :) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Fluffy is so cute er scary! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerrie, these are awesome, I actually forgot about Fluffy!

    They are pretty cute, but Fluffy can totally be cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great!! Im so jelly of your trip! What a cool place to go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips