Thursday, 31 May 2012

POTTERTHON: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the 4th book in the Harry Potter series and the start  of the "big books". This book has some great moments, I really enjoy the end, wow what a cliffhanger! Yet in some parts I felt that this book was starting to verge towards the verbosity of book five. In parts it seemed too drawn out for me.

But that doesn't mean I don't still like it.  Quick lowdown for you that don't know already (shame on you!) Set during the protagonist Harry Potter's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, it follows the mystery surrounding the entry of Harry's name into the Triwizard Tournament, in which he is forced to compete.

And of course this is the film with Robert Pattinson before he got all douchey and "I hate teen writers and this book franchise but I will star in it anyway". Anyway rant over lets go look at my nails:



So on my tumb is the namesake of this book the Goblet of Fire on a based of Barry M gold foil and Barry M Black nail paint. The flame is for the first task, the Dragons which Harry has to fight. A base of GOSH Yellow Bombay was used here with China Glaze Riveting and Electrify. The second is the surface of the lake, as Harry's second task was to swim in the lake with the merpeople. I used China Gaze Blue Sparrow and then sponged on a nameless lighter blue polish and then finished with Barry M Matte White. My third finger is the maze, Harry's third and final task. I used a base of China Glaze fast track and then a khaki polish for the hedges of the maze. Lastly we have the merging of the red and green light as Harry and Voldemort reach priori incantatem in the graveyeard.


Here is a photo of the priori incantatem in the film:



So thats another book done. Only three more left.

Don't forget to check out the other ladies taking part in Potterthon



 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I like the flame the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that we both did the same little nail :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips