Tuesday, 29 May 2012

POTTERTHON: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

So toady I bring you Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets inspired nails as part of the Harry Potterthon challenge me and six lovely ladies are taking part in.

So one thing that comes out of discussions on Chamber of Secrets is how most people see this as the weakest book. While this is not my favourite in the series I wouldn't say it is any weaker than say the first book.

So what happens? (quick wiki copy job) The plot follows Harry's second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, during which a series of messages on the walls on the school's corridors warn that the "Chamber of Secrets" has been opened and that the "heir of Slytherin" will kill all pupils who do not come from all-magical families. These threats are followed by attacks which leave residents of the school "petrified" (that is, frozen). Throughout the year, Harry and his friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger investigate the attacks, and Harry is confronted by Lord Voldemort, who is attempting to regain full power.

There are some great moments in this book. The Flying Car, Lockhart <3, the major foreshadowing with the Diary....  This book is much darker than the others, although I will say that alot of this darkness is lost in the movie.


I also have abother reason for loving this book- the Slytherin's. Slytherin house takes center stage in this book. And who doesn't love a Slytherin? I do have a secret to tell you all. On Pottermore I am a Slytherin. And trust me it wasn't fixed (I thought I would be Ravenclaw for sure). On another note go add me on pottermore: GalleonSun212. My nails couldn't be more Slytherin today if I tried:



This is the Basilisk according to Kerrie. Much like Fluffy the three headed dog yesterday mine looks much cuter than the real thing:


"...That is believed to be some sort of monster..." 
—Professor Binns on the Chamber of Secrets' occupant



Notice that I used the Slytherin colours here. Barry M Silver Foil and Revlon Rainforest.


Scary isn't he? I really loved wearing him on my nails, he stayed on for two whole days before I could bear to get rid of him. 




What did you think of Chamber of Secrets? 

Please go check out these ladies who are doing this challenge too:

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips