Thursday, 17 May 2012

Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Manicure

I was contacted by one of my close friends Bee to see if i would do a complimentary manicure to a guest post that she was hosting over on her blog. The poster in question Jackie Clark was from the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance based in the USA.

I don't want to repeat the original post (which you can find the link for above) but the message in the post is truly inspirational and very close to my own heart. The idea is to make women feel proud of themselves while undergoing treatment and that beauty and fashion can be used as a tool to help women cope with and understand their bodies as such times. Sadly Cancer has struck very close to home in my own family. I applaud the work done by Jackie and people like her as well as the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance.

I decided to base my manicure around the colours in the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance logo- Yellow and Navy Blue.


For this manicure I started with a base coat of Yellow Bonbay by GOSH. A pretty yellow jelly polish with sparse yellow micro glitter than when in the right light glow orange. I used two coats and while it applied well there  was still some VNL underneath. After a coat of SV to make it glossy I applied Manglaze Royal Matterimoaning using a striper brush and dotting tools in different patterns over my nails to create a funky design.
I really love the colour combination and the contrast between glossy and matte polish here!
My tumb is my favourite finger I think, even though it was really simple.

And as a treat would you like to see my right hand? My boyfriend decided he was going to paint the designs on:
 
I know don't say a word. Not one .... Not that you can tell but there is a rocket ship on my tumb.

Thank you Bee for letting me be a part of this and thank you Jackie for letting people know about this cause.

3 comments:

  1. Kerrie I love these! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh look who's getting adventurous xxx well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and love the thought behind it. I lost my mom not so long ago to cancer a very rare kind :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips