Friday, 27 April 2012

LOSTathon Season Five

So how are my lovely followers today? Just a quick note to say that I have now added a button to my blog meaning you can follow me on twitter. Also I have added a Challenge index page where I will attempt to collate all the challenge posts that i have been part of together to make it easier for you to see what is what. 

Anyway, You must have lived in a bubble if you have never heard of the ABC hit show LOST, even if you don't like I bet you know at least ten people who did! The first season gained 15.69 million viewers per episode! Yikes! As a major nerd i couldn't turn down doing six manicures based on lost (one for each epic season!). But I am not doing this alone, there are five other ladies joining me on this epic nail art homage! KirstenSarah, Emma, Bee and Debbie

Season Five  follows two timelines. The first takes place on the island where the survivors who were left behind erratically jump forward and backward through time until they are finally stranded with the Dharma Initiative in 1974. The second continues the original timeline, which takes place on the mainland after the Oceanic Six escape, and then follows their return to the island on Ajira Airways flight 316 in 2007 (three years after they escaped). Some passengers on the Ajira flight land in 1977 and some remain in 2007. The ones who land in 1977 reunite with the other survivors who have lived for three years with the Dharma Initiative. They then attempt to change past events in order to prevent their Oceanic plane from crashing in the future.

Yeah it's starting to get crazy isn't it? I must admit by this point LOST was starting to wane on me a bit. I found the two timeline story a bit too much to handle. However it is still pretty great!

Anyway my season five nails are a tribute to the 1970's timeline and really that can only mean one thing. Neons and tie-dye!


For these nails i used a selection of cheepy £1 polishes available at Superdrug. I can't remember the name of the brand and the shades don't have names. I used a cocktail stick to create a drag marble effect. It worked pretty well really.


So what did Kerrie like this season?
1. Charlotte has been on the island before! I  was shocked!
2.Locke is alive! I was doubly shocked!
3.Sawyer/ Juilet. This is soo cute why couldn't this last? I like domesticated Sawyer.

Yet there were a couple of WTF moments too:
There is a bomb wtf? We are going to try and MAKE IT EXPLODE!!!
Daniel is killed by his own mother! WTF!! 


I know this is cheating really as my manicure has nothing directly to do with LOST. But I love it! Anyway I have the final season tomorrow.

Until then!

 

6 comments:

  1. i love how bright and poppy it is xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I keep wanting to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like this... its like tiedye and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for the 70s! Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cool, i'm about to try this technique for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! This is an awesome mani! Perfect for the era! just stunning!

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips