Saturday, 28 April 2012

LOSTathon Season Six (Space Oddity by All That Glitters)

You must have lived in a bubble if you have never heard of the ABC hit show LOST, even if you don't like I bet you know at least ten people who did! The first season gained 15.69 million viewers per episode! Yikes! As a major nerd I couldn't turn down doing six manicures based on Lost (one for each epic season!). But I am not doing this alone, there are five other ladies joining me on this epic nail art homage! KirstenSarah, Emma, Bee and Debbie


So time for the final season, season six! 

In the sixth & final season, the main storyline follows the survivors, reunited in the present day. Following the demise of Jacob, the island's protector, the survivors are up against the Man in Black, known previously as the Smoke Monster. A "flash-sideways" narrative also follows the lives of the main characters in a setting where Oceanic 815 never crashed. In the final episodes, a flashback to the distant past shows the origins of the island's power and of the conflict between Jacob and the Man in Black, who are revealed to be twin brothers. One survivor becomes the successor to Jacob as caretaker of the island, and kills the Man in Black in a final showdown, with the island at stake. A small handful of survivors escape on the Ajira plane. It is implied that a few survivors return home later, while others remain living happily on the island. The series finale reveals that the flash-sideways timeline is actually a form of limbo, where some of the survivors and other characters from the island are reunited after having died because their time on the island had been the most important part of their existence. In the end the survivors are all reunited in a church where they "move on" together.

So time for my season six manicure. This is my third attempt at this, the first time I tried to do stained glass windows to represent the church and then I tried to do the golden fountain thing at the heart of the island. So this is a lazy last ditch attempt. For me LOST is about the battle between good and evil. Jacob and the Man In Black. Light and Dark. 
So here I used Space Oddity by All That Glitters with an underwear of black. Space Oddity is a black jelly with micro silver glitter and larger white hex's and bar glitter. For me this was a perfect choice to show the battle between light and darkness which is oh-so apparent through the last season! 
What can I say about the last season? I loved it. I hated it. So much was left unanswered and it felt very rushed to me. Yet I do felt there was no other way to end the series. I am sad that Sayid made is so far and yet at the last moment the writers made him bad character, I thought it was much more interesting seeing him atone for his past actions on the island.  I loved finding out more about Richard, his story was maybe the saddest of them all (although Desmond's comes close!)

I would like to quickly say thank you to the other five girls who took on this challenge with me. If you haven't already go check out their blogs! I will post a round-up tomorrow of some of my favourite manicures over the past six days!

What were your thoughts on Season Six or on LOST in general?
Also did you enjoy reading this type of blog post? Do you like series posts?

Until next time followers!

3 comments:

  1. and now, the end is near, and so we raise, the final curtain ..... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That polish is perfect for it! Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear what you have to say about this post!

I read every single comment! I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you want to get in touch directly, please email me at: pishposhandpolish@hotmail.co.uk or contact me by twitter or facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You Might Also LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips